Saturday, January 31, 2009

How We Work Our Campaign

Networking and Word of Mouth is the best way we can start. I share the campaign with every mental health organization I come in contact with. I then ask if I can show my short power point presentation I have. It is only about twenty minutes long. I ask if they would like to join the campaign and also pass around our campaign products and ask them if they would like to use them as a way to fund raise for their organization.

We also offer a newsletter and other printed campaign material.

Over time I hope more people will join in the presentations and use the pins as fund raising tools. The more pins that get out there the more people will ask about them and the more chance we will have to tell them of the unfairness of the stigmas associated with mental illness.

Mrs United States 2008 has joined our campaign! She has promised to wear our pin on her banner during her reign! Mrs USA has dedicated her reign to mental health awareness focusing on the stigma. We are working to have her, her husband and daughter come to Cape Cod and join us in a seminar for the Ugly Pin Campaign this summer.

No comments: